This stage is essential as it allows us to visualise the structure and operation of the system in order to:
- Improve our understanding of the system
- Evaluate the company's performance
- Analyse failures
- Identify areas for improvement
3 key deliverables are associated to this stage:
- A global audit: The goal here is to perform an organisational, operational and technical audit to improve identification in all aspects of the company,
- Process modelling: The goal here is to formalise the operation of the company in order to improve failure analysis results,
- Application mapping: The goal is to describe the entire range of applications used by the project stakeholders.
- Aberdeen Services uses an approach based on the modelling of targeted processes and the creation of a master plan defining the various possible scenarios in achieving the target organisational layout.
- Targeted process modelling: the goal is to macro-model processes using previously-identified optimisation points.
- Master plan: The goal is to implement a strategy designed to align the company's IS with the strategic and organisational challenges it is facing.